The AVCA Division II Head Coaches Committee provides an opportunity for coaches to exercise their voice as well as presents a chance to give back to the volleyball community.
The committee holds a call once a month throughout the school year where they discuss current events in volleyball and the AVCA.
If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact the committee chair, Jim Boos.
Committee Responsibilities and Structure
- Chair is the elected DII Representative and serves on the AVCA Board of Directors
- Solicit committee for agenda items
- Provide AVCA staff with tentative agenda prior to call
- To update and provide general information to your HCC of what is occurring within the AVCA and NCAA organization
- Maintain committee composition, solicit and appoint new members to vacant seats
- Maintain an active and effective committee
- Coordinate sub-committees
- Maintain a positive working relationship with various NCAA and AVCA committees
- Must be an AVCA member and in good standing for the duration of their term
- The function of this committee is to advise the chair, AVCA staff, of Directors with Division II issues relating to their constituents and Board
- To be present on all monthly calls and annual meetings held at the National Convention in December
- If you are unable to be present for the call/and or annual meetings at the convention, a replacement from your conference must be found and approved by the Chair
- Distribute information to your fellow conference coaches that is on all HCC calls
- Provide Chair with feedback on any surveys or information from you Conference coaches
- Serve and be active on subcommittees that require attention when needed
The committee shall consist of:
- One chair - the DII AVCA Representative
- One representative from each of the Division II conferences with at least one active AVCA member
- One AVCA staff representative
- Members should serve four-year term with terms staggered. Members are limited to two consecutive terms and must be off the committee one year before serving again.
- The AVCA DII Representative along with the AVCA Representative is allowed to make exceptions when deemed appropriately.
- All terms of service begin and end in the academic year-August to July.
- Should a member miss two calls within one academic year that member shall be immediately removed from the committee and replaced.
Committee Selection Process
- The AVCA DII Representative that serves as the Chairperson of the HCC is responsible for maintaining the committee composition.
- They will solicit and appoint new members to vacant seats.
- The outgoing representative and the chair should discuss possible replacements when a HCC member's term has expired.
- The Chair has the authority to name a replacement.
Show All (archives)