The AVCA NAIA Head Coaches Committee provides an opportunity for coaches to exercise their voice as well as presents a chance to give back to the volleyball community.
The committee holds a call once a month throughout the school year where they discuss current events in volleyball and the AVCA.
If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact the committee chair, Christy Clawson.
Committee Responsibilities and Structure
- Solicit committee for agenda items
- Provide AVCA staff with tentative agenda one week prior to call
- Provide AVCA staff with meeting and conference call minutes within one week of call
- Maintain committee composition, solicit and appoint new members to vacant seats
- Maintain an active and effective committee; enforce committee policies
- Coordinate subcommittees
The function of this committee is to advise the chair, AVCA staff and board of directors with regard to legislation, recruiting, video exchange, convention agenda, membership (renewal and new), Marketing, ethics and conduct and general issues as they arise. The discussion and action items will go directly to the board for action.
- To be present once every month, August through May, on the one-hour committee conference call
- To meet in person, as a committee, at the annual convention in December
The committee shall consist of eight (8) members:
- one (1) chair
- one (1) representative from each of the 24 conferences
- one (1) independent representative
- one (1) assistant coaches rep
- one (1) men's coaches rep
- one (1) AVCA staff representative (non-voting)
All committee members must be AVCA members in good standing for the duration of their term.
Members should serve three-year terms with members terms staggered so that no more than one-third of the members are replaced each year. Members are limited to two consecutive terms and must be off the committee one year before serving again.
If the member's initial term filled an unexpired term, the member is eligible for re-election to two additional three-year terms. All terms of service begin and end in traditional calendar year, January through December.
Should a member miss two calls unexcused within one term that member should be immediately removed from the committee and replaced.
Show All (archives)