ACC Coaches Committee Call Minutes
November 19, 2008 12 pm (EST)
The meeting was called to order at 12:00 p.m. (EST) by Karen Weatherington.
1.Updates regarding the Assistant Coach Survey
- The plan is to review the survey and re-send to all Division I assistant coaches who are members of the AVCA
- The goal is to have everyone complete the survey by December 1st and then have the information compiled for the convention
- Paper copies may be available at a later date for non- AVCA members
2. Legislative updates
- 13th Scholarship- The Legislative Council has met about the 13th scholarship. The Head Coach representatives from each conference are gathering opinions from their coaches in their conference and will bring their conference's stance to the meeting at the convention
- Sand volleyball- It has been added to the list of Emerging sports. Kathy DeBoer sent out talking points regarding the proposal. The convention will also include presentations regarding sand volleyball at the collegiate level.
- Recruiting Task Force- The Task force will meet at the convention to discuss possible recruiting periods for next year.
3. AVCA Convention
- Assistant Coach Committee meeting- Thursday, December 18th from 8:00-9:30am at the Quest Center Room 208. The committee will meet at the convention to discuss results from the survey as well as the new Mentoring program and other possible ways for professional development for assistants.
- General Assistant Coach Meeting- Friday, December 19th from 12:30-2:00 pm at Quest Room 202
- Assistant Coach On Court Presentation- There will be an on-court presentation sponsored by the Assistant Coach Committee that will feature assistant coaches.
- Talent Showcase- The Talent Showcase will be Sunday, December 21st at the convention. The NCAA allows for recruiting at one event during that day. Contact Leah Brock with any questions regarding the showcase.
- UnderArmour High School All-American- Tickets for the match will be free to convention members with their badges. Others can purchase tickets online through the AVCA website.