Wednesday, February 20, 2002
AVCA Men's Coaches Committee Conference Call
February 20, 2002
12:30 p.m. ET
Present: Joe Wortmann, Sean Byron, John Hutton, Ryan Patton, Joel Walton, Jenifer Scheibler
Not Present: Doug Beal, Ron Larsen
A. AVCA Convention: Scheduling aimed at increasing the attendance of men's coaches.
1. The feasibility of men's conference meetings being held in conjunction with the AVCA Convention was discussed. Each committee member agreed to informally inquire within their respective conferences regarding this issue.
2. The committee members suggested speakers and topics specific to the men's game to be considered for the 2002 AVCA Convention schedule.
3. Joe asked that any additional ideas for presentations or activities be forwarded to him, and he would work with the AVCA Curriculum Committee regarding the schedule requests.
B. Coaching Clinic at the 2002 NCAA Men's National Collegiate Championship.
The committee members discussed the possibility of again holding a coaching clinic in conjunction with the championship scheduled for May at State College, Pa. (Penn St.). Jenifer reported that the AVCA staff would provide to the committee a cost versus revenue analysis for past clinics prior to determining if a clinic will be held in 2002.
C. Conference Reports.
D. Molten Report.
Joe and Jenifer provided a summary of the monthly Molten Championship committee call. All new and pertinent information is available on the AVCA web site at www.avca.org.
1. It was determined that Jenifer would contact NYSC to find out if there was a YES Clinic scheduled in conjunction with the 2002 NCAA Men's National Collegiate Volleyball Championship and report back to the committee via email.
2. A short discussion took place regarding post-match protocol, particularly the requirements of the officials.
The next conference call is scheduled for Tuesday, March 19 at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The meeting adjourned at 1:25 p.m. ET