11.18.09 TYC HCC Conference Call Minutes
Two-Year College Head Coaches Committee Conference Call Minutes
Wednesday, November 18 @ 1:00 pm (ET)
Present on Call
Ashley Beil, AVCA
Jane Peterson, Central Lakes College (NJCAA, DIII)
Jayme Frazier, Linn-Benton Community College (NWAAC)
Rick Reynolds, Western Wyoming Community College (NJCAA, DI)
Rick Younger, Butler County Community College (NJCAA, DII)
I. AVCA Updates
A. Ashley Beil
1. The AVCA received word from USA Volleyball that in the state of California, it has been proposed that all athletic funding be suspended for next year. This is very significant and something the AVCA will continue to track. We will continue to keep you in the loop with any details if and when they develop.
- 2. Two-Year College @ AVCA Convention
- a. Booth - the exhibit hall decorator will be getting in touch with David Rehr about needs for the TYC booth.
- i. Last year's booth had a list of athletes for recruiters and video footage of each of the championships running on a TV.
- ii. What can we do for this year's booth? Who can help carry out those ideas? How can the AVCA help?
- iii. Ashley will check with Trish Knight about tracking down the TYC banner that was used at the booth in Omaha.
- b. David will be responsible for putting together agendas for the TYC meetings at Convention.
- i. As part of the general meeting, have a sign-up sheet for coaches to volunteer time to sit at the TYC booth.
- ii. Determine issues that were discussed at last year's Convention to follow up on whether or not any of those proposals were pursued post-Convention.
II. NJCAA Updates
III. NWAACC Updates
- A. NWAAC is gearing up for their Championships and Sophomore All-Star Event
- B. Jayme Frazier is interested to know the NJCAA's rules regarding play outside of your own level. The NWAAC is looking to get out and compete against different groups but wants to know the percentage of matches the NJCAA allows outside of your respective level.
IV. CCCAA Updates
V. Action Items Before Convention
A. See attached links to meeting minutes from last year's Convention.