August 8, 2012
Division II Head Coaches Committee Conference Call Minutes
Division II HCC Meeting
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Randi Smart: NOT PRESENT
Shellane Ogoshi: NOT PRESENT
Diane Flick: NOT PRESENT
Lauren Amundson: NOT PRESENT
Zach Shaver: NOT PRESENT
Michael Robinson: NOT PRESENT
A. David Portney
1. General AVCA business
August 15th convention registration opens, please visit our website for more information. You'll find hotel information and the most up to date schedule: http://avca.org/kyconvention2012/
The $1,010 by 10/10 promotion is still going on. What that is, is by October 10th we're looking to raise $1,010 for the Coaches 4 Coaches Scholarship Fund. We are so close, and the category that raises the highest dollar amount will have one lucky winner selected for a free convention registration. Donate here: http://www.avca.org/membership/coaches-4-coaches/
Look for salary surveys in the first week of September. It's all anonymous, and we strongly encourage everyone to submit them because it's really the only thing out there just for volleyball coaches.
AVCA preseason packets will be going out tomorrow (Thursday) so be on the lookout for that. It will have score reporting instructions, Players of the Week forms and other general AVCA business as well.
1. Welcome and introduce new reps
2. Go over basic protocol of meetings and what to expect/what's expected going forward, etc...
- We will have monthly meetings to discuss general business. Attendance is extremely important, so if you cannot make a meeting please other find a replacement or let Cody know. If issues come up in between calls you'd like to discuss as a committee let Cody know so he can put it in the agenda.
3. Top-25 Poll
a. Clarify my summer email-nothing has changed for 2012!
-Looking to fill a few more spots for a couple of conferences without representatives. As far as what can be done for this year to improve the poll, active participation is a must as well as reading the previously sent general guidelines. Getting each HCC's coaches to report their scores in our system is a must in order to have the process run as smoothly as possible.
Moving to 2013, there are discussions of having the HCC serve as the poll committee. This will also allow the opportunity to speak once a month over the phone about schools coaches have and have not seen.
- -Bren Stevens rotated off as the West Virginia Conference Representative.
III Next Meeting
- A. Wednesday September 19, 2012 at 10:00 am Pacific Time