TYC HCC Conference Call Minutes
Two-Year College Head Coaches Committee Conference Call
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
11:30 am ET
Present on Call:
Ashley Beil (AVCA), Rick Reynolds (Chair), Kim Whitney, Sonny Lewis, Kevin Kramer, Nabil Mardini, Giovanna Melo, Sue Sinclair
• Welcome, Nabil Mardini! We're glad to have another CCCAA representative on the committee. Many thanks to Kevin Kramer for recruiting Nabil to serve in this role!
• Unfortunately due to funds and scheduling, the AVCA had to cancel Ashley's trip to the NJCAA Division I Championships in Casper. The AVCA plans to send a banner for the gym so we can have some presence at the event even if it won't be in the form of a staff member.
• The opportunity to pre-register for the Convention is open until Wednesday, November 27. After this date, only walk-up registrations will be accepted.
• Don't forget to enter information on your student-athletes who are interested in being recruited by a 4-year school into the Two-Year College student-athlete database (AVCA member login required). Leading up to the Convention we will be taking some steps to get this database more visible to coaches at 4-year schools so make sure to get your information entered!
• Two-Year coaches meetings at Convention:
o Two-Year College HCC Mtg: Wednesday, December 18 from 5:30 - 7 pm (WSCC 208)
o Two-Year College General Mtg: Thursday, December 19 from 9-9:45 am (WSCC 201)
o NJCAA Meeting: Friday, December 20 from 1-2:15 pm (WSCC 206)
• Championships start next week for NJCAA DI & DII and DIII is this weekend.
• December 1 is the deadline for constitution bylaw proposals.
• No updates.
• Sophomore showcase beginning of December
• State fall meetings happened and the legislation for sand volleyball to go through was very well received. Will be voted on this Spring and looks like it could be adopted for the Spring of 2015.
• No December call. Hope to see you at the TYC meetings at Convention next month!
• Inserts promoting the Two-Year College student-athlete database will be included in the Convention registration packets for all 4-year coaches in attendance.
• An email sent by Ashley on behalf of Rick will be distributed the week of December 2 inviting those TYC coaches registered for Convention to attend the constituency meetings and will include meeting agendas.