2015 Nomination Link
Nominations will close at 5pm ET on Saturday, November 28.
*Awards Changes for 2015*
- The All-Region Teams and All-Region ballots will no longer have positional requirements. Coaches will be able to vote for the 14 most deserving athletes that are not their own. The regional committee will review the votes and name the 14 members All-Region team.
- Athletes named to the All-Region team will not automatically be named All-American Honorable Mention if they are not named an All-American. All athletes named as All-Region or All-Region Honorable Mention, must have a video submitted in order to considered for All-American Honorable Mention.
- The All-American videos requirements are being changed and shortened. Videos will now consist of only two segments. The first segment is the 2-minute highlight video featuring numerous clips throughout the season. The second segment is one 3-minute continual footage segment from a single match. Coaches may also include an informational card before both segments that highlights impressive stats or accomplishments from the season.
Other Rules and Notes
- Coaches cannot vote for their own players.
- Coaches must vote in order for their players to be considered for the All Region Team.
- Coaches must vote for a total of 14 players.
- The voting will take place online through a link provided on this webpage
- Regional Committees will review the voting results and name the All-Region Team.
- The process for nominating players will remain the same
- Athletes that receive the top six vote totals from each region will be automatically assigned to the All-Region team. In the event of a tie for the sixth automatic selection, the All-Region committee will determine who will receive the automatic selection.
AVCA Awards Regional Alignment
If a mistake has been made in terms of conference affiliation, please contact Brad Wilson at 859-219-3520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Important Dates
TBD - Nationally/Regionally Ranked Teams Released
Friday, November 13 - Victory Club Form Deadline
Monday, Nov. 23 (8:00 a.m. EST) - Online nominations period opens for Women's DI Awards
Saturday, Nov. 28 (5:00 p.m. EST) - Online nomination period closes for Women's DI All-America Awards
Monday, Nov. 30 (8:00 a.m. EST) - Online voting period opens for DI All-Region Awards
Friday, Dec. 4 (5:00 p.m. EST) - Online voting period closes for DI All-Region Awards
Wednesday, Dec. 2 - Region Coach of the Year and National Assistant Coach of the Year Nominations Due
Monday, December 7 - Region Conference Calls
Tuesday, December 8 - Region Awards Announced
Thursday, December 10 (5:00 pm EST) - All-America/NFOY Video Uploads Due
Sunday-Tuesday, December 13-15 - Division I Awards Committee Meetings
Wednesday, December 16 - All-America Teams Announced
Thursday, December 17 - DI National Coach of the Year announced at Jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon
Friday, December 18 - Division I Player of the Year and Freshman of the Year announced at Student-Athlete Awards Banquet
Video Nomination Instructions
Misc. Nomination Forms
AVCA Manager of Awards, Membership & Event Support
Head Coach, Indiana University
AVCA Board of Directors - Awards Representative