Demonstrator job duties at the AVCA Convention will include the following:
- Assist the presenter by physically showing how specific drills are set-up and run during on-court and sand educational sessions
- Follow instructions given by the presenter and perform the drills and activities requested
- Other duties as assigned by the presenter or AVCA staff to assist with the presentation
Demonstrators should be physically fit and able to play volleyball at a level that will allow the drills to be shown successfully. In order to receive the convention rebate, demonstrators are required to be available at all of the following dates and times:
- Thursday, December 17, 3:00 - 5:15 p.m.
- Friday, December 18, 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 19, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Demonstrators will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis according to the time stamp on the fax. Rebate checks for half-off full convention will be distributed at the conclusion of the on-court and sand educational sessions on Saturday, December 19 to those demonstrators who have participated in all of the time blocks listed above.
The AVCA is no longer accepting applications for demonstrators at this time.
Convention Registration Volunteer - Two or three people will be assigned to each two-hour time block during registration. The duties include:
- Welcome new attendees to the convention
- Distribute name badges, registration bags, etc. to attendees as they arrive
- Help answer simple questions about the convention
Networking Event Volunteer - Three or four people will be assigned to each major social function (banquets and receptions) during the convention. The duties include:
- Help with crowd control before the event
- Assist with taking tickets and/or checking badges
- Assist with getting attendees seated in a timely manner
- Reserved seating will be provided for volunteers at the jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon and the AVCA All-America/Players of the Year Banquet
Seminar Monitor Volunteer - Three or four people are typically assigned to monitor each seminar. The duties include:
- Acting as the speaker's immediate contact and reporting any audio-visual or sound problems to an AVCA staff member
- Distributing and collecting evaluation forms
- Operating lights for speakers with audio-visual support pieces
- Counting the number of people attending the session
- Introduce the speaker and read the housekeeping notes if an introducer is not available
To volunteer for the Registration, Networking Event of Seminar Monitor volunteering opportunities please complete the Convention Volunteer Sign-Up Form and fax it to AVCA headquarters 859-226-4338. If you have questions about the Volunteer Program please call 866-544-2822 or e-mail email@example.com.