Children at the Convention
- Per NCAA regulations, all children despite age must have a ticket to all NCAA matches.
- Children are discouraged from attending the convention. Please contact the hotel concierge for information on local child care services.
- A lost name badge can be replaced for $35.
- Attire for the Jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon and AVCA All-America/Players of the Year Banquet presented by Zamst is business casual.
- Lost match tickets can not be replaced. A new ticket would need to be purchased from the Alamodome.
- Lost reception and banquet tickets can not be replaced but may be purchased for $45 per ticket, based on availability.
- Guest badges will be given to NCAA committee members who have information to share with AVCA members, conference representatives visiting for conference meetings and VIP's. Guest examples include NCAA staff, rules or volleyball committee members, or NCAA local organizing committee officials.
- Committee members who are current volleyball coaches are expected to register for the convention and are not considered to hold "guest" status.
Convention Registration Policies
- All purchases must be paid in full by Friday, November 4, 2011 to receive the early registration discount price.
- All registration fees must be paid in full prior to receiving convention name badge and materials.
- Convention registrations are non-transferable.
- High school players, regardless of AVCA membership status, are not eligible to register for the convention.
- Payments made by check must be received at AVCA headquarters by Wednesday, Nov, 30, 2011. Attendees should bring checks with them to AVCA Registration in San Antonio if paying after this date.
- Attendees can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until Nov. 30, 2011. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. Attendees may register on-site in San Antonio beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2011.
- Requests to cancel registration must be submitted in writing and postmarked on or before Thursday, December 1, 2011. No refunds will be given after December 1, 2011.
- Each cancellation will be assessed a 25% administrative fee.
- Refunds will be given to coaches of the four teams participating in the championship if a request is made in writing no later than Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at AVCA Convention Registration. However, no refund will be given if the registration packet is picked up.
- Alcohol is served at the First-Timers Reception, Coaches Mentoring Program Reception, Opening Night Party, Semifinal Victory Club Tailgate Party, Spalding Party and Coaches Tournament, Nfinity Party and Texas Hold'em Tournament & Party. All attendees are expected to exercise good judgment in the consumption of alcoholic beverages. The AVCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who appears intoxicated.
NCAA Match Ticket Policy
- NCAA championship tickets are not refundable.
- To purchase NCAA tickets through the AVCA you must be registered for the convention.
- Each ticket purchase includes one semifinal (both matches) and one championship match ticket.
- NCAA match tickets may be purchased through the AVCA until Nov. 30, 2011. A $7 handling fee is included.
- Group Seating: Registrants who wish to sit together must complete the group seating request process when signing-up online. Those who submit a paper registration form must send their registration forms together, along with a written request and proper payment. Please note that the AVCA will make every effort to accommodate all group seating requests but these requests are not guaranteed. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is Monday, Nov. 21. Group seating requests received after Nov. 21 will not be granted. There is a limit of 5 people per group seating request.
- Tickets purchased will be placed in your convention credential and will only be available at AVCA Registration. Tickets will not be available at championship venue will-call.
1. What is the AVCA Convention headquarters hotel and other hotels in the convention block?
The headquarters hotel is the Grand Hyatt San Antonio. The other hotel in the AVCA convention block is the Hilton Palacio del Rio. For more information on each hotel and to make reservations visit www.avca.org/saconvention2011 or contact the hotels directly and ask for the AVCA convention rate. Be sure to mention you are an AVCA convention attendee in order take advantage of special room rate discounts. The AVCA room blocks will be released on November 19 and rooms will be available beginning November 20 at the AVCA rate on a space-available basis only. PAVO convention attendees are encouraged to make their reservations at the Grand Hyatt where their meetings are scheduled.
*Please note that attendees who reserve rooms at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio and Hilton Palacio del Rio will have their credit card charged for one night in the event of cancelling the reservation.
2. Where is the San Antonio Airport?
San Antonio International Airport (SAT) is the primary airport for San Antonio. San Antonio International is located approximately 8 miles from the AVCA convention hotels, the Henry Gonzalez Convention Center and the Alamodome. Discounted shuttle service to/from San Antonio International is available through Airport Express. Be sure to visit the travel discounts section on the AVCA convention site at www.avca.org/saconvention2011 for details on ground transportation, car rental and airline discounts.
3. Which events will be held at which venues?
The Under Armour Opening Night Reception, Nfinity Party and Texas Hold'em Tournament & Party will be held at the Grand Hyatt. The Champions Party will be held at Sunset Station Pavilion outside the Alamodome. All other parties, receptions and banquets will be held in the Henry Gonzalez Convention Center. The convention center will also host the AVCA Volleyball Marketplace, all AVCA educational sessions and CAP programming. Coaches meetings will take place at both the convention center and Grand Hyatt. The NCAA Championship matches and Under Armour High School All-America Volleyball Match and Skills Challenge will be played in the Alamodome. The AVCA Golf Tournament will be held at The Republic Golf Course. Please check the schedule in your convention program for exact locations. All convention venues are located within walking distance of the convention hotels and convention center.
4. Where is the Henry Gonzalez Convention Center and where can I park?
The Henry Gonzalez Convention Center is located at 200 East Market Street in downtown San Antonio. Please visit the parking section on the convention page at www.avca.org/saconvention2011 for details on parking lots, rates and directions to the convention center.
5. Can I register for the convention and buy match tickets after the early registration period?
Yes - you can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until November 30, 2011. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. You may register on-site in San Antonio beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, December 13. All attendees are encouraged to register by the early registration discount deadline of November 4, 2011. NCAA match tickets will be sold through the AVCA until November 30, 2011. After that date all ticket purchases must be made through the Alamodome box office.
6. How do I purchase NCAA match tickets from the AVCA and where do I pick them up?
You may purchase NCAA match tickets through the AVCA until November 30, 2011 as part of the convention registration process. Match tickets include one semifinal (two matches) and one championship ticket. You must be registered for the convention in order to purchase match tickets. Tickets are not included with convention registration and must be purchased separately. Tickets are non-refundable and must be collected with your convention credential at AVCA Registration. Tickets will NOT be available at the event site will-call. Group seating is available. Please visit the convention page at www.avca.org/saconvention2011 for details on how to request group seating. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is Monday, November 21. Group seating requests received after November 21 will not be granted.
7. How do I find information on the convention schedule?
Visit the AVCA Web site at www.avca.org/saconvention2011 for updated information on the convention schedule and educational sessions. Daily schedule signage will be posted in the convention center and a complete schedule of activities will be included in the onsite convention program included with registration materials as well.
8. When will I receive my convention registration receipt and registration materials?
Those who register online will receive an e-mail receipt when the registration is completed. Those who register with a printed registration form will be e-mailed a receipt the Friday after they register beginning on Friday, September 30. Convention credentials and materials will be available on-site at AVCA Registration. No materials will be mailed.