The Adidas Junior National program was started in 1974 by coach Chuck Erbe. In just 18 months this group of scholastic aged athletes went on to accomplish numerous victories against older and more experienced competition. A select number of athletes were chosen from a tryout of 125 participants. In 1975 the Adidas Team represented the USA in the World Championships in Mexico City. The program played in adult events due to the lack of competition at their own age level. The training paid off in 1976 when the Adidas Junior National Team captured the Gold Medal at the 1976 USVBA Women's Open Championship in Reno, Nevada.
Several members of this team such as Debbie Landreth Brown, Debbie Green, Sue Woodstra, Terry Place, Carolyn Becker, would go on to not only be USA National Team members but future Olympians. The accomplishments of this group were unparalleled in the USA Volleyball community at the time.
1975 Adidas Team Roster
1. Debbie Landreth (Captain), OH, 18 y/o , El Segundo, CA
2. Ann Goldenson, OH, 18, Huntington Beach, CA
3. Roxanne Elias, OH, 18, Cypress, CA
4. Sue Woodstra, MH, 17, San Bernardino, CA
5. Terry Place, MH, 17, Redondo Beach, CA
6. Debbie Green, S, 16, Westminster, CA
7. Paula Dittmer, OH, 16, Huntington Beach, CA
8. Carolyn Becker, OH, 16, Downey, CA
9. Kathy Meier, DS, 16, Westminster, CA
10. Kerry Deaver, DS, 16, Laguna Beach, CA
Head Coach: Chuck Erbe, Garden Grove, CA
Manager: Mrs. Ruth Becker, Downey, CA
Business Manager: Don Green, Westminster, CA