The JVA is an association of Junior Club Directors who are dedicated to all facets of junior volleyball and have a desire to offer the best programming possible to their members. JVA is a trade association established to serve those who dedicate themselves to a part or full time commitment to junior volleyball. To that end, JVA will provide:
* Information on best practices in club ownership, facility management, and methods to enhance your business acumen and effectiveness.
* A lobbying group to influence USA Volleyball and other organizations that manage, regulate and influence the junior volleyball community
* A source of information and coaching education specific to junior volleyball/club needs.
* An avenue to access club directors for companies interested in investing in the junior volleyball marketplace.
* An association that will build relationships and community within junior volleyball by linking club directors across regions, philosophy and club size.
JVA was formed in 2006 when a concerned group of club directors met in Chicago to discuss the long term direction of junior volleyball. These directors, the junior club athlete and their families, faced a governing body that offered their primary financial supporters a disproportionate voice in decision making, rapidly inflating costs, especially for top teams to qualify to compete in the Open Division of the USAV Junior National Championships, and a season that offered athletes few off-season days. The JVA is a network of individuals and organizations dedicated to enhancing and developing junior club volleyball.
The mission of the Junior Volleyball Association is to promote the growth of youth and junior volleyball through program and resource development, education and events.
JVA exists to serve our members and respond to member needs.
JVA will consider the athletes' health, welfare and interests as a top priority in all decisions.
Affordability and Financial Responsibility
JVA will strive to make volleyball affordable and accessible for all members while maintaining financial responsibility.
JVA will maintain transparency in all areas by sharing operational and financial information.
JVA is committed to developing and sharing best practices across clubs while assisting its membership with growth and development goals.