University of New Hampshire
AVCA: Who or what has made you want to pursue coaching?
Jeff Aucoin: The reason I decided to pursue college coaching was to serve the student-athlete. I hope that by becoming a collegiate coach I will be able to help many individuals fulfill their dreams and become students of the game. I was finally able to achieve my dream of playing Division I volleyball after years of hard work and continued pursuit. This achievement is a feeling I want to spread to other athletes while alos passing along the knowledge I gained and aide in the growth of our sport.
AVCA: Who or what has been your biggest coaching influence?
JA: There have been many coaches through my experiences as a player and coach that have shaped my coaching philosophy, whether is be tactically, technically or mentally. My experience playing for different club coaches has shaped my mental philosophy on the player-coach relationship. Through my experience working with the advanced knowledge of current coaches like Mike Lingenfelter, Asics Munciana Club Director, and Jill Hirschinger, Head Coach at the University of New Hampshire, I have further enhanced my mental philosophy and molded my technical and tactical philosophies of coaching.
AVCA: Please list your past and present coaching/playing experiences:
- University of New Hampshire Women's Volleyball Team (Assistant Coach, Volunteer Assistant Coach, Student Assistant Coach)
- Ball State Men's Volleyball Program (Player 2011-12, All-Conference Academic Team)
- University of New Hampshire Men's Club Team (2011 National Collegiate Volleyball Federation Division 1AA National Champions & MVP, 2008 National Intramural-Recreation Sports Association National Tournament All-Tournament Team, 2008-11 Northeast College Volleyball League Regional Championship - 1st Team All-Tournament Team)
- Asics Munciana (Assistant Coach)
- Seacoast Volleyball Club (Assistant Coach)
- CMASS Volleyball Club (Assistant Coach)
AVCA: What are you most looking forward to at the 2012 AVCA Annual Convention?
JA: As a first time attendee of the AVCA National Convention, I am excited about the endless opportunities and benefits the convention provides. By attending, I will be able to expand my network and meet individuals that I aspire to model. In addition, the variety of seminars offered will allow me to grow my knowledge in all areas of on and off the court volleyball training. These experiences will put me in a better place to advance my career in collegiate volleyball.