Children at the Convention
- Per NCAA regulations, all children despite age must have a ticket to all NCAA matches.
- Children are discouraged from attending the convention. Please contact the hotel front desk for babysitting services.
- A lost name badge can be replaced for $35.
- Attire for the jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon and AVCA All-America/Players of the Year Banquet presented by Zamst is business casual.
- Lost match tickets can not be replaced. A new ticket would need to be purchased from the St. Pete Times Forum.
- Lost reception and banquet tickets can not be replaced but may be purchased for $45 per ticket, based on availability.
- Guest badges will be given to NCAA committee members who have information to share with AVCA members, conference representatives visiting for conference meetings and VIP's. Guest examples include NCAA staff, rules or volleyball committee members, or NCAA local organizing committee officials.
- Committee members who are current volleyball coaches are expected to register for the convention and are not considered to hold "guest" status.
Convention Registration Policies
- All purchases must be paid in full by Friday, November 6, 2009 to receive the early registration price.
- All registration fees must be paid in full prior to receiving convention name badge and materials.
- Convention registrations are non-transferable.
- Anyone under the age of 21, regardless of AVCA membership status, is not eligible to register for the convention.
- Payments made by check must be received at AVCA headquarters by Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009. Attendees should bring checks with them to AVCA Registration in Tampa if paying after this date.
- Attendees can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until Dec. 2, 2009. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. Attendees may register on-site in Tampa beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009.
- Requests to cancel registration must be submitted in writing and postmarked on or before Thursday, December 3, 2009. No refunds will be given after December 3, 2009.
- Each cancellation will be assessed a 25% administrative fee.
- Refunds will be given to the four teams participating in the championship if a request is made in writing no later than Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at AVCA Convention Registration. However, no refund will be given if the registration packet is picked up.
- Alcohol is served at the Molten Opening Night Reception featuring casino night presented by 1st Place Volleyball, Spalding Reception and Coaches Tournament, and Texas Hold'em Tournament & Party. All attendees are expected to exercise good judgment in the consumption of alcoholic beverages. The AVCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who appears intoxicated.
NCAA Match Ticket Policy
- NCAA championship tickets are not refundable.
- To purchase NCAA tickets through the AVCA you must be registered for the convention.
- Each ticket purchase includes one semifinal (both matches) and one championship match ticket.
- NCAA match tickets may be purchased through the AVCA until December 2, 2009. An $8 handling fee is included.
- Group Seating: Registrants who wish to sit together must complete the group seating request process when signing-up online. Those who submit a paper registration form must send their registration forms together, along with a written request and proper payment. Please note that the AVCA will make every effort to accommodate all group seating requests but these requests are not guaranteed. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is Friday, Nov. 13. Group seating requests received after Nov. 13 will not be granted. There is a limit of 5 people per group seating request.
- Tickets purchased will be placed in your convention credential and will only be available at AVCA Registration. Tickets will not be available at championship venue will-call.