What is the avcaVPI™?
The avcaVPI™ is the only validated indicator of college-level athleticism, created specifically for volleyball. It was created by the AVCA based on feedback from college coaches, in order to increase the use of data-based decision-making in training and recruiting.
An avcaVPI™ score is a composite score of electronically-validated tests measuring:
- standing vertical jump
- arm swing velocity
- height of attack
- two-handed block touch
- pro-agility and acceleration
An avcaVPI™ score allows players to compare their results with other players the same age, others at the same position, or players currently on college teams. View an explanation of avcaVPI™ assessments.
How to access the avcaVPI™ Portal:
Login information for the avcaVPI™ Portal is the same as your AVCA Member login information.
Please note that during your first login to the avcaVPI™ Portal, you must select a tenant in order to access the site:
- Above the ‘Log In’ text, you will see text that says ‘Current Tenant: Not selected’
- Click ‘Change’, toggle the switch by ‘Switch to Tenant’
- Enter ‘Default’ into the Tenancy Name
avcaVPI™ Research and Resources:
- High School How-To: Data-driven Tryouts Using the avcaVPI™
- Assessing Potential at High School Tryouts: Eight Metrics Correlated with Success
- Assessing College Readiness in Female Players: What the avcaVPI™ has Taught Us (Kathy DeBoer)
- avcaVPI™ Explanation of Testing Protocols
- Two-Year College Testing Roll-Up
Want to watch athletes from the avcaVPI™ Portal in person?
Check out our talent showcase options.