AVCA Volleyball Officials Appreciation Week
Additional Resources – College
The American Volleyball Coaches Association has put together a great list of resources for collegiate volleyball on becoming an official, sportsmanship and officials appreciation for use during AVCA Volleyball Officials Appreciation Week and throughout the year. The AVCA Volleyball Officials Appreciation Week is hosted annually during the fall for girls and women’s volleyball, and in the spring for boys and men’s volleyball.
- LEARN MORE about how to participate in 2023 AVCA Girls and Women’s Volleyball Officials Appreciation Week
- DOWNLOAD the 2023 AVCA Girls and Women’s Volleyball Officials Appreciation Week Toolkit
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: HIGH SCHOOL – Resources for high school teams on becoming an official, sportsmanship, and officials appreciation
The Division 2 Conference Commissioners Association (D2 CCA) and Division 2 Athletics Directors Association (D2 ADA) “Collegiate P2R” program aims to draw in student-athletes who have concluded their college playing careers to educate them on the benefits and advantages of becoming an official.
Players officiating of matches raised funds for preseason trip, but also brought team members and the community closer together. Watch this AVCA interview with Indiana Wesleyan Women’s Volleyball Head Coach Candace Moats, and sophomore players, Macy Staggs and Julia Price, about their experience.
There’s and urgent need for sports officials in this nation. Say Yes to Officiating is a collection from the National Association of Sports Officials (NAOS) of free resources designed to help recruit new sports officials, retain the ones already working, instill excellence, and celebrate the officiating experience.
NCAA resources to become an official and improve the sporting behavior of the game environment in college sports, including:
- NCAA Officiating Interest Form
- Become a Sports Official
- National Association of Sports Officials
- Collegiate Player to Ref Program
- NCAA Intro to Sports Officiating Enrollment Form
- Arbiter Sports
- In-Venue Video Board Graphic
- Officially Human Public Service Announcement
- 2020 NCAA National Review of Collegiate Officiating Report
Information from the Professional Association of Volleyball Officials (PAVO) on how to become an official, receive training and advance one’s career, and get certified.
RefReps is currently working with 32 NFHS member state high school association to provide online training for officials as well as curriculum for high school and college students wanting to learn how to become officials.
- July 27, 2023, article, “NFHS Begins Agreement with RefReps to Assist with Education Content for Officials”
- February 9, 2023, article, “Encouraging High School Students to Enter the Officiating Avocation”
September 13, 2023
- Advanced Career Education
- College Men
- College Women